If a body is being shipped to Eritrea as the final resting place, make sure to submit all the documents on the requirement list.
Resumption of human remains shipment to Eritrea info click here.
ግዝያዊ መምርሒ ኣገባብ ምልኣኽ ሬሳ ናብ ኤርትራ ኣብዚኣ ጠውቑ።
Human Remains Shipment Requirements:
- Two certified copies of the original death certificate
- Letter on Non-Contagious Disease from a State or County
- Letter of preparation on funeral home letterhead with a
statement about the preparation procedures, the contents of
the casket, and the name, address, and telephone number of the
- Letter of Non-Contagious Disease from the attending
- A steel casket with a wood outer shipping container is the
preferred method of the consulate. However, a wood casket is
acceptable if the family uses a steel screw down liner for
sealing purposes and the wood outer box.
- Copy of Eritrean Passport, Eritrean Identification Card, and
USA Passport or Green Card copy.
NOTE: Please note if the immediate cause of death is COVID-19, the body can not be shipped to Eritrea. Immediate cause of death should be explicitly stated in:
- Death Certificate
- Letter from attending physician
- Letter from County or State Department of Health
PLEASE FAX ALL DOCUMENTS TO 202-319-1991 or email to email@example.com
FAQ – Human Remains Question
- Obtain all documents listed in the requirement list.
- Fax to 202-319-1304 or
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org