If a body is being shipped to Eritrea as the final resting place, make sure to submit all the documents on the requirement list.
Human Remains Shipment Requirements:
- Two certified copies of the original death certificate
- Letter on Non-Contagious Disease from a State or County
- Letter of preparation on funeral home letterhead with a
statement about the preparation procedures, the contents of
the casket, and the name, address, and telephone number of the
- Letter of Non-Contagious Disease from the attending
- A steel casket with a wood outer shipping container is the
preferred method of the consulate. However, a wood casket is
acceptable if the family uses a steel screw down liner for
sealing purposes and the wood outer box.
- Copy of Eritrean Passport, Eritrean Identification Card, and
USA Passport or Green Card copy.
PLEASE FAX ALL DOCUMENTS TO 202-319-1991 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FAQ – Human Remains Question
- Obtain all documents listed in the requirement list.
- Fax to 202-319-1304 or
Email to email@example.com