- Eritreans 18 years or above are required to obtain a national ID.
- Children 17 years and younger born to Eritrean parents can obtain an Underage ID in lieu of a visa.
- Eritreans 18 – 25 year old with no National ID can apply for a temporary ID in lieu of a visa but must also apply for a National ID.
FAQ – Visiting Eritrea
- Select the ID type and read the corresponding requirement.
- Prepare the necessary documents.
- Set appointment with the Embassy of Eritrea or local Community Representative.
- Mail complete application with appropriate fee to the Embassy.